Our Core Values
We live by the rule that hand-in-hand anything can be done.
Our door is always open. We leave no one out.
No need to complicate things. We believe in the basics.
We do things to win together. We cherish the power of a common goal.
Always there to lend a helping hand.
What role we aim to play in our consumer life?
To offer budget friendly mobile telecommunications technology which allows everyone to come closer and enjoy their social connections.
CEO TRANSSION INDIA
According to a report by the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) and Kantar IMRB, the next wave of growth in mobile internet users was expected to come from rural areas, where mobile data penetration is as low as 18 per cent. One pertinent question that arises is - In one of the fastest growing smartphone markets, what are the key factors that are holding back rural India from getting online?
As a brand, the question that we often asked ourselves is “How can we, as a mobile brand, help rural India get online? India as a region has multiple markets within itself where consumptions habits vary drastically across urban and rural demographics. At itel, we truly believe in democratizing technology for masses by offering great value in each product we launch. Keeping in mind the smartphone requirements of rural users, we launched itel with the key objective of driving rural and semi-urban Indian consumers onto a digital platform and to provide accessible yet feature-driven mobile phones for the aspiring Indian consumers across geographies and social classes. Additionally, we also came up with a differential marketing strategy that varied from region to region, depending on consumer requirements and sensibilities with the right balance of conventional and unconventional marketing initiatives to ensure brand connect and awareness.
Today, for an average consumer, a mobile phone is much more than a medium of communication - it doubles up as a television, camera, music player and as a compact entertainment system. Keeping the above in mind, it was quintessential for us to develop products which provide them with everything, yet at the same time do not burn a hole in the pocket. The itel mobile phone portfolio was created to deliver a full mobility experience to the Indian customers by providing them access to premium quality products, which are localized and designed to meet their specific requirements at a budget friendly price. These includes 4G compatibility, full-screen display with ultra-thin bezel design, superior processing capabilities plus powerful dual rear camera with bokeh effect, lowlight photography & portrait images and enhanced security measures through multi-functional fingerprint sensors and face unlock technology. Taking forward its commitment to provide value plus mobile-based connectivity solutions to the country’s consumer base in even tier III and IV towns, itel rolled out localized and unique features like King Voice, a text to speech application for smart keypad devices.
itel the 72nd most admired brand in Africa.
Entered Indian Market in April
Secures 2nd spot in overall Indian Mobile market in December
Retains 2nd position in overall handset market with 9% share and 217% growth in Smartphone segment
- - Launced 1st Campaign on Smartphones with industry 1st Full Screen Smartphone at below 6K in May.
- - Ranks 4th Smartphone gainer brand of India (as per Q2'18 CMR report) in June.
- - Launched industry 1st Full screen with Dual Camera Smartphone, itel A45 under 6K in July Bags "Champions of Rural Markets" award by The Economic Times in October.
- - Wins "Best Progressive Smartphone Brand of the year" at 5th Mobility awards in December.
- - Launched itel new brand essence “Har Haath Mein Jaadu”.
- - itel becomes official partner of UP Yoddha team in Pro Kabaddi League.
- - itel becomes No.1 SP brand less than 5K (as per Counterpoint Q3 & Q4, 2019).
- - itel becomes No.1 FP Brand in India (as per Counterpoint Q4, 2019).
- - Best Progressive Smartphone of the year for consecutively 2 years – 6 th Mobility Excellence Awards 2019.
- - The Economic Times recognized itel Mobiles as the Champions of Rural Markets 2019.
- - itel launches A25 - India’s 1st Smartphone with HD Display and Big Battery in less than 4K.
- - itel redefines style with Vision 1 - India’s Most Affordable Smartphone with Waterdrop Display & Big Battery at Rs 5499
As per Counterpoint Research, Q4 2019, itel Mobile is the No.1 Smartphone brand in the Offline Market in India
itel stands among top 5 smartphone gainers (as per Q2’18 CMR report) with success of itel A44, first full screen smartphone under 6K.
itel bagged much coveted “Champions of Rural Market” by The Economic Times.
itel wins “Best Progressive Smartphone” brand of the year at 5th Mobility awards.